A's Press Release
News and Notes about the A's upcoming homestand
A's host Angels and Yankees; A's and Chevron launch "Science of the Game" program
Monday, May 21 Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim 7:05 p.m. CSNCA
- Live national anthem - Clayton Valley High School Women's Ensemble
Tuesday, May 22 Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim 7:05 p.m. CSNCA
- A's and Chevron launch "Science of the Game" program with visit by Josh Reddick to Lincoln Elementary School in Richmond (1 p.m.)
- A's player to visit Albany Middle School on behalf of A's Home Run Readers program (1 p.m.)
- Meet, Greet and Play Ball event (5:30 p.m.)
- Chevy Free Parking Tuesday
- Pre-game check presentation - Wells Fargo Teacher Awards
- Live national anthem - California High School Instrumental Music Ensemble from San Ramon
Wednesday, May 23 Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim 12:35 p.m. CSNCA
- BART $2 Wednesday
- Sports Medicine Day group visit with A's head athletic trainer Nick Paparesta (10 a.m. in stands)
- Home Run Readers Day pre-game presentation and ceremonial first pitch
- Josh Reddick to appear at the Oakland Unified School District K-12 Science Fair at Chabot Space & Science Center on behalf of the new "Science of the Game" program (6-7 p.m.)
Thursday, May 24
A's 30th Annual Community Fund Golf Classic, presented by Chevron and Grant Thornton LLP, at Round Hill Country Club in Alamo (10:40 a.m.)
Friday, May 25 New York Yankees 7:05 p.m. CSNCA
- Giveaway - Cheer cards, presented by Comcast SportsNet California (20,000 fans)
- XFINITY Friday Family Pack
- CSNCA Authentic Fan Friday
- Live national anthem - Ryan Bradford
- Pre-game check presentation - Wells Fargo Teacher Awards
- Wells Fargo School Supply Drive (behind Section 120)
- Kids Club member brings water to the umpires (third inning)
- A's Community Fund Silent Auction, behind Section 120 (partner: ALS)
- A's post-game fireworks show, presented by XFINITY
Saturday, May 26 New York Yankees 1:05 p.m. CSNCA
- Giveaway - A's pet calendar, presented by Central Garden & Pet (10,000 fans)
- A's Pet Adoption Day, presented by Central Garden & Pet
- Live national anthem - TBD
- Cache Creek Saturday
- Kids Club member "steals" third base (third inning)
- A's Community Fund Silent Auction, behind Section 120 (partner: Loved Twice)
- A's post-game show live radio remote with host Chris Townsend and guest Josh Reddick at the Holiday Inn Oakland Airport (after game)
Sunday, May 27 New York Yankees 1:05 p.m. CSNCA
- MLB Pitch, Hit and Run Clinic (8-10 a.m. on field)
- Live national anthem - Allie Richter
- Take the Field with the A's, sponsored by Washington Hospital
- Kids Club Guest PA Announcer, third inning
- A's Community Fund Silent Auction, behind Section 120 (partner: KIPP Schools)
- Post-Game Race Around the Bases, sponsored by Chevrolet
For additional information about the promotions or events listed above, please visit www.oaklandathletics.com.
"Science of the Game" Program: The A's "Science of the Game" program is a unique educational program that deepens interest and understanding among Bay Area youth by applying science to baseball. The A's and Chevron have designed and will distribute more than 15,000 "Science of the Game" workbooks to local schools that utilize science formulas to answer questions related to various aspects of the game of baseball. The three workbooks, targeting grades 1-2, 3-5, and 6-8, are also available at www.oaklandathletics.com/science. Students who complete their workbooks and submit their answer sheet to the A's, receive two ticket vouchers (restrictions apply).
"Science of the Game" Program Launch: The A's and Chevron will launch the "Science of the Game" program Tuesday, May 22 at 1 p.m. to students at Lincoln Elementary School in Richmond (29 Sixth St.). A's outfielder Josh Reddick, along with the team mascot Stomper, will pass out "Science of the Game" workbooks to more than 130 fifth and sixth graders and work through a few of the science problems with the students.
Oakland Unified School District K-12 Science Fair: Reddick will appear at the 2012 Oakland Unified School District K-12 Science Fair at the Chabot Space & Science Center Wednesday, May 23 from 6-7 p.m. on behalf of the A's "Science of the Game" program. The OUSD Science Fair will showcase more than 250 student science fair projects and feature local partner activities such as Chabot exhibits and planetarium shows. Reddick will meet with the students, view their science projects, and invite them to take part in the A's new science program.
A's Community Fund Golf Classic: Former and current A's players, coaches and front office staff will join fans and sponsors for the 30th Annual Oakland A's Community Fund Golf Classic Thursday, May 24 at Round Hill Country Club in Alamo. The event begins at 10:40 a.m. with the Pepsi Max Celebrity Putting Contest, featuring A's players partnered with Special Olympic athletes, which raises funds through a 50/50 raffle to benefit the Special Olympics Northern California. Post tournament activities, which include an awards dinner banquet and live and silent auction, begin at approximately 5 p.m. The A's Golf Classic, sponsored by Chevron and Grant Thornton LLP, benefits the Oakland A's Community Fund.
Home Run Readers Program School Visit: An A's player will visit with 100 students at Albany Middle School (1259 Brighton Ave.) on behalf of the A's Home Run Readers Program Tuesday, May 22 at 1 p.m. The player will congratulate students who reached their reading goals and host a Q&A session. For the 2011-12 school year, over 13,800 students from 76 Bay Area schools reached their goals and four of those schools will receive a visit from an A's player or coach.
Promotions and Special Events
A's Promotions: This homestand features a number of promotional giveaway items including Friday, May 25, when 20,000 fans before the game will receive a cheer card, courtesy of Comcast SportsNet California, and after the game, fans are invited down to the field to enjoy the post-game fireworks show, presented by XFINITY. Saturday, May 26 is A's Pet Adoption Day and 10,000 fans will receive an A's pet calendar, courtesy of Central Garden & Pet.
A's Post-Game Radio Show Live Remote: The A's post-game radio show, carried on 95.7 The GAME, will broadcast live on location from the Holiday Inn Oakland Airport Diamond Sports Bar and Grill (77 Hegenberger Rd.) Saturday, May 26. Fans are invited to join host Chris Townsend and Reddick after the A's vs. Yankees 1 p.m. game for the show, food and beverage specials, and a chance to win prizes.
Meet, Greet and Play Ball Event: The A's will host a Meet, Greet and Play Ball event from 5:30-7 p.m. Tuesday, May 22 in the Eastside Club of the Coliseum. Fans who purchase a special ticket for this networking and baseball event online at www.oaklandathletics.com/meet can take part in the catered, pre-game networking mixer and will receive a Field Level ticket to that night's game vs. the Angels.