DETROIT – The American League Central Division Champion Detroit Tigers will host Game Three of the American League Championship Series against the New York Yankees on Tuesday, October 16, at Comerica Park. All gates will open at 6:00 p.m. First pitch will be at 8:07 p.m.
Tuesday, October 16 – New York Yankees (Probables: Verlander vs. TBA) @ 8:07 p.m. (Gates open at 6:00 p.m.)
· All fans will receive a Detroit Tigers Rally Towel, courtesy of Total Lubricants and Auto Value Parts Stores.
· Former Tigers pitcher and 1984 World Series Champion, Jack Morris, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch before Tuesday’s game.
· The national anthem will be performed by Grammy Award-winning Gospel singer, Reverend Marvin Winans. A 150’x300’ American Flag will be presented on the outfield grass during the singing of the national anthem.
· Game Ball Delivery: Senior Airman Jannette Miereles of the United States Air Force from West Branch, Michigan will deliver the game ball. Senior Airman Miereles has served tours of duty in Iraq and the Republic of Korea and has been stationed in Florida, Kansas and Michigan. Among her many awards, she has earned a Purple Heart, Army Accommodation, Air Force Combat Action, Korean Defense Service and Air Force Achievement Medals along with an Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border, an Iraqi Campaign Ribbon and the Elizabeth Jacobson Award. Senior Airman Meireles has proudly served the United States Air Force for five years.
· Limited Number of ALCS Tickets Still Available: A limited number of individual game tickets are available for 2012 American League Championship Series home games at Comerica Park. Tickets are available by calling 866-66-TIGER or visiting tigers.com. Tickets are also available at the Comerica Park box office. For ticket prices and dates for American League Championship Series home games at Comerica Park visit tigers.com/postseason.
· AL Central Champions Gear: Tigers fans still have the opportunity to purchase the same official apparel worn by the team during the postgame clubhouse celebration. Postseason gear is available at The D Shop, which is located at Comerica Park on the corner of Witherell Street and Montcalm Street.