Pirates Press Release
Pirates Homestand Highlights Tuesday, June 11 thru Sunday, June 16, 2013
Second FanJam at PNC Park featuring Blues Traveler highlights Pirates sixth homestand
The Pirates return to PNC Park from a six-game road trip to welcome National League West opponents the San Francisco Giants and Los Angeles Dodgers for a six-game homestand. This homestand will be highlighted by the Friday Night Block Party on Friday, June 14; Blues Traveler postgame FanJam on Saturday, June 15 and Father's Day on Sunday, June 16.
Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - Pirates vs. San Francisco Giants (7:05 p.m.)
- VIP Night: Pirates and Pirates Charities Chairman Bob Nutting will host a VIP (Very Important Pirate) Party for children and their families from the Gilda Club of Western Pennsylvania. Gilda's Mission is to create welcoming communities of free support for everyone living with cancer - men, women, teens and children - along with their families and friends. The group will be special guests of Mr. Nutting and will watch the game from a PNC Park luxury suite. Mr. Nutting will host a VIP Party each month during the season in order to provide deserving children with a night at the ballpark in true VIP-style - complete with a private meet-and-greet with Pirates players and coaches, a Pirates replica jersey and VIP goodie bag for each child. There will also be an opportunity to participate in a pregame ceremony and enjoy a great ballpark menu items provided by Levy Restaurants.
- Bucs Ticket Tuesday: Today at noon the Pirate Parrot will be at the PNC Bank, Penn Hills branch (206 Rodi Rd. Penn Hills, Pa 15235) with 50 pairs of FREE tickets as part of the Pirates "Bucs Ticket Tuesday" social media promotion. The first 50 people to meet the Parrot will receive two free tickets to an upcoming game.
- Pups in the Park: Fans can bring their pooch to the park as the Pirates and Rachel Ray Nutrish present Pup Nights at PNC Park. Each ticket package (1 person & 1 dog) costs just $25 with additional human tickets available for $25 each. A portion of the proceeds benefit local animal shelters and seats are limited and subject to availability. For complete information and to order tickets fans can visit pirates.com/pups.
Wednesday, June 12, 2013 - Pirates vs. San Francisco Giants (7:05 p.m.)
- Jordy Mercer Visit: Pirates infielder Jordy Mercer will be visiting the Carnegie Library of McKeesport from noon to 1 p.m. as part of the Pirates Library Nights program (see below regarding Library Night).
- Social Media Night: Join us for a party on the deck tonight as the Pirates host Social Media Night at PNC Park. For $20 fans will receive a seat on the Pirates Left Field Deck PLUS $10 in loaded value on the game ticket to be redeemed at any PNC Park concession or merchandise stand. Participants will also receive an @Pirates t-shirt and a special invite to the pre-game reception on the Left Field Deck starting at 5:30 p.m. The reception will include an appearance by Pirates players Jared Hughes and Jordy Mercer, prizes and giveaways as well as appearances by Pirates broadcasters. The Pirates flagship station SPORTSRADIO 93.7 The Fan will broadcast their pre-game show LIVE from the event. For more information and to order tickets, visit pirates.com/socialmedia.
- Wine Tastings at PNC: Tonight is the first of three Wine Tasting Nights at PNC Park presented by the Pirates and Dreadnought Wines. For just $65 fans receive a ticket in a luxury suite, an invite to a pregame wine tasting, and more. For complete information and to order tickets contact Elliott Crichfield at (412) 325-4930 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lady Bucs Club Party: Tonight is another Lady Bucs Club Party night. Members of the LBC will enjoy a pregame party in the Pirates Picnic Park complete with a coffee tumbler giveaway and prizes, an opportunity to watch batting practice at PNC Park as well as watch the game from the Lady Bucs Club section. Join the Lady Bucs Club today and receive great benefits including one ticket to two special party nights, a membership card and lanyard, access to the remaining Lady Bucs Club pre-game parties throughout the season and a complimentary t-shirt. For complete information and to become a member, visit pirates.com/ladybucs.
Thursday, June 13, 2013 - Pirates vs. San Francisco Giants (7:05 p.m.)
- Beer Passport: Beer Passport ticket holders 21-and-older are invited to a 90-minute beer sampling event that begins when gates open at 5:30 p.m. For more information and to order tickets, visit pirates.com/beerpassport.
- Singles Night: Tonight is Singles Night at PNC. Tickets are only $25 and include access to a pregame party, seats on the Deck and $10 in loaded value. The pregame event is a chance to meet up with other singles at the private PRE-GAME PARTY presented by Star 100.7 on the Pirates Deck and enjoy music, games, giveaways, and a cash bar serving beer and wine. For tickets and information visit pirates.com/singlesnight.
- 65 Roses: The Pirates, along with broadcasters Greg Brown and Steve Blass, will host the first 65 Roses Club night of the 2013 baseball season. The 65 Roses Club is a group of Pirates fans who have joined together to raise funds to fight cystic fibrosis. By making a pledge to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation for every home run the Pirates hit, these fans have the opportunity to meet Pirates players at private pre-game receptions. After the receptions, everyone can enjoy the game to cheer on the Bucs! The club gets its name from the way a child often learns to say "cystic fibrosis," which sounds like "sixty-five roses." It is a national sports program supported by teams in all areas of athletics, including baseball, football, basketball, hockey and soccer, to help raise funds to fight cystic fibrosis.
Friday, June 14, 2013 - Pirates vs. Los Angeles Dodgers (7:05 p.m.)
- Star Appearance: Pirates outfielder Starling Marte will be meeting with fans and signing autographs at the TMobile Store on McKnight Rd (7372 McKnight Rd) from 11 a.m. to noon.
- Friday Block Party: Tonight is another Friday Budweiser Block Party on Federal Street. Fans will enjoy live music featuring Bryan Cole Band and can party on the street with food & beer sales. Pirates alumni Bill Madlock will be the special guest bartender at the Budweiser Bar that will be located on Federal Street.
- Free Shirt Friday: The Pirates popular Free Shirt Friday continues as all fans, with paid admission, will receive a free Pirates tee courtesy of Allegheny Sports Medicine.
- Re-enlistment Ceremony: Today the Pirates will honor Flag Day with a re-enlistment pregame ceremony on the field at PNC Park.
- All You Can Tweet: Tonight three lucky followers of @Pirates will be VIP guests at PNC Park and have the opportunity to tweet live from the game. The followers receive seats in a luxury suite level where they will have a great view of the game and throughout the night all content on @Pirates, the team's official Twitter feed, will be only retweets of the guest tweeters. To apply to be a guest in the All You Can Tweet seats and for complete info visit pirates.com/connect.
- Check Card Game: As part of the many fan-friendly values at PNC Park, tonight is a PNC Bank Check Card game. Fans can save up to $10 on tickets for select games throughout the season simply by using a PNC Bank Check Card. For complete details, visit pirates.com/pnccheckcard.
Saturday, June 15, 2013 - Pirates vs. Los Angeles Dodgers (4:05 p.m.)
- Blues Traveler FanJam: After tonight's game, all fans are encouraged to stay in their seats for a post-game concert featuring Blues Traveler. This is the second show of the 2013 Summer Concert Series at PNC Park. The Pirates are now offering fans the chance to watch any of the 2013 Live Music Concert Series postgame shows from the infield at PNC Park. For complete information and to order tickets, visit pirates.com/concerts.
- PALS Wounded Soldier: The Pirates are partnering with Major League Baseball Advanced Media to host a several soldiers who have been wounded in battle.
- Scratch and Win: Everyone is a winner with the special Scratch 'n Win presented by Eat 'n Park. All fans will receive a scratch-off ticket upon entering PNC Park and will win one of several special Eat 'n Park prizes.
Sunday, June 16, 2013 - Pirates vs. Los Angeles Dodgers (1:35 p.m.) - Kids Day & Father's Day
- Father's Day: In celebration of Father's Day, the Pirates will join the rest of Major League Baseball in the fight against prostate cancer as players will wear blue wristbands and decals on their jerseys. The team will also use specially designed blue dugout lineup cards and special Father's Day bases.
- Kids and Dads: The Pirates celebrate Father's Day with a special dads and kids (14 and younger) Pirates replica Sunday alternate cap giveaway courtesy of Trib Total Media.
- Kids Day: Come down early and join the fun as the #1 Cochran Family Fun Zone will be open on Federal Street from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Lined up outside PNC Park will be inflatable rides, face painting, information about the Bucaroos Kids Club and more.
- Kids Run the Bases: Kids attending today's game are invited to stick around after to run the bases on the field at PNC Park.
- Kids Clinic: Today is the first Chevy Youth Clinic at PNC Park. The private event will take place on the field starting at 8 a.m. with members of the Pirates coaching staff including Nick Leyva, Ray Searage, Rick Sofield and Jeff Branson. The Pirates coaches will instruct 150 youth baseball/softball players ages six to 14.
- Advantage Card Game: As part of the many fan-friendly values at PNC Park, today is a Giant Eagle Advantage Card game. Fans can save up to $10 on select tickets for every Sunday home game. For complete details, visit pirates.com/advantagecard.
Home Run Challenge
MLB and the Prostate Cancer Foundation are teaming up for the 17th annual Prostate Cancer Foundation "Home Run Challenge" to raise funds for research and increase awareness of prostate cancer. During the "Home Run Challenge", fans can make a monetary pledge for each home run hit during all scheduled MLB games from Tuesday, June 11 through Father's Day, June 16. To pledge, visit www.homerunchallenge.org.
Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffles
New for the 2013 season are the Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffles. The 50/50 Raffles will take place during each Pirates home game throughout the season. Raffle ticket prices are three (3) tickets for $5, 10 tickets for $10 and 40 tickets for $20 with all proceeds benefiting Pirates Charities. Raffle ticket sales close after the last out in the sixth inning. The winning number will be drawn and announced in the 8th inning and the winner will receive 50 percent of the total pot. Winning numbers will also be posted on pirates.com/5050raffle within three business days.
Wins for Kids
During the 2013 season, Pirates Charities will again partner with manager Clint Hurdle, his wife Karla and ROOT SPORTS to present the Wins for Kids fundraising campaign. The campaign encourages fans to donate a dollar amount for every Pirates win during the season or make a one-time donation to the program. All funds raised will benefit Pirates Charities and the Children's Institute of Pittsburgh's Prader-Willi Syndrome Program. For more information about the Wins for Kids and to learn how to make a donation, visit pirates.com/winsforkids.
The Hunt Auctions kiosk, specializing in sports memorabilia, including game-used and authenticated items, is located behind section 125 on the main concourse at PNC Park. Unique items are available each homestand and fans will have the opportunity to purchase items at the kiosk or at pirates.com/authentics. This homestand features:
- Items from the Pirates interleague series vs. the Detroit Tigers on May 29 and 30, 2013.
- Game-worn Homestead Grays commemorative uniforms from the Pirates Heritage Day celebration on June 1, 2013.
- Game-used items from Gerrit Cole's Major League debut will also be available beginning in the third inning on Tuesday, June 11.
Pitch For Hope
On Sunday, June 30 the Pirates will host the third annual Pitch for Hope women's baseball clinic on the field at PNC. The morning instruction with members of the Pirates coaching staff takes place on the field from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. and will give participants the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of pitching, hitting and fielding as they visit different workshop stations set up around the field. Pirates players will visit the women at the end of the clinic for a special Q&A session. The cost of the clinic is $60 per person and each participant will have the chance to enjoy a catered brunch on the Pirates Deck, receive a special tee-shirt and stay for the Pirates game at 1:35 p.m. vs. the Milwaukee Brewers. For complete information and to order tickets visit pirates.com/pitchforhope.
Tuesday, July 30 is the 10th annual Library Night at PNC Park. Children between the ages of five and 18 can enter to win a chance to deliver the line-up card prior to the start of the game or change a base in the 3rd or 6th inning of the game. Also the library with the most members in attendance will receive a special appearance by a member of the 2013 Pittsburgh Pirates during the month of August. Tickets start as low as $11 and the deadline to order is Friday, June 28. For more information and to purchase tickets contact Angela Criscella at 412-325-4798 or by email at Angela.Criscella@pirates.com.
Cruise for a Cure
On Friday, July 19 thru Sunday, July 20, the Pirate Parrot invites fellow motorcycle riders to join him for his 'Weekend Cruise to Cure Prostate Cancer' to benefit the Western PA Prostate Cancer Foundation. Interested riders will travel with the Pirate Parrot to Cincinnati for the Reds vs. Pirates game at Great American Ball Park on July 19. Participants will receive a Pirates Cruise to Cure Prostate Cancer T-Shirt and a game ticket. The Charity bike ride is in partnership with Pirates Charities and Mosites Motorsports with all proceeds benefiting the Western Pennsylvania Prostate Cancer Foundation. For complete information about the Cruise for a Cure and to find out how to donate, visit pirates.com/cruise.
The MLB All Star game in New York City is just around the corner and to encourage fans to vote for their favorite Buccos, the Pirates are offering fans extra incentives to cast ballots, with two exciting offers: The Pirates All-Star Game Ballot Sweepstakes and a special half-price ticket offer. The Pirates want fans to vote early and vote often. Fans are now able to vote a maximum of 35 times online with the 2012 All-Star Game MLB.com Ballot. Online voting ends July 4 at 11:59 p.m. ET. To vote for your Pirates and for complete details, visit pirates.com/vote.
2013 Bucaroos Kids Club
The Bucaroos Kids Club is open to all kids ages 14 and younger. The club offers special member-only benefits and has two great membership options - one of which is free. Fans can visit pirates.com/bucaroos to learn more about the different membership options and how to earn free game ticket vouchers, great gear and access to our exclusive Rewards Program.
Dynamic Pricing Section
New for 2013, the Pirates have expanded their dynamic pricing system to include both the Bleacher Reserve and Upper Bleacher Reserve sections of PNC Park. Tickets for the 2,400 seats, located in left field, will be placed on sale 10-days prior to each home game. The initial ticket price will then be adjusted- both lower and higher- in real time, based on several factors. As of June 10, this homestand features $8 Upper Bleacher Reserved tickets for the entire Giants series from June 11 thru 13. For the complete list of games and to find the on-sale dates, visit pirates.com/dynamic.
Pirates Season Ticket Plans
Pro-rated Full Season, 20-game and 10-game season ticket plans are available for the 2013 season. Full and partial-season ticket plans feature exclusive benefits including guaranteed seats for the biggest games, discounted ticket prices, invitations to special season ticket holder events featuring Pirates players and executives, plus much more. For more information regarding purchasing a season ticket plan, call 1-800-BUY-BUCS or visit pirates.com/tickets.
Where's the Parrot?
The Pirate Parrot is active in and around the community as an ambassador of the Pirates organization. Below are a few of the upcoming events he will be attending in the Greater Pittsburgh Area.
- Sunday, June 16 The Pirate Parrot will be attending the Obediah Cole Foundation Man Up 10k/5k run/walk from 9 to 9:30 a.m. at the North Shore Riverside park.
To schedule your visit by the Pirate Parrot, please call (412) 325-4730 or email email@example.com.
2013 Fan Values
- The Pirates are pleased to offer special ticket prices for all 81 home games for kids ages 14 and younger in select sections of PNC Park. Save up to $8 on kid's single game tickets, visit pirates.com/tickets for more details.
- The All You Can Eat seats presented by Pepsi are back at PNC Park. For just $42 fans can enjoy all the hot dogs, hamburgers, nachos, salads, popcorn, peanuts, ice cream and soda they can eat for one low price. For more information and to order tickets fans can visit pirates.com/allyoucaneat.
- The Pepsi Max Pack returns for all Friday and Sunday games throughout the 2013 season. Each pack consists of one Outfield Box seat, one regular hot dog, one soft pretzel, and one regular Pepsi product, all for only $28. For more information on Pepsi Max Packs or to purchase tickets, visit pirates.com/pepsimax.
For a complete list of the 2013 Pirates promotions and special events, visit pirates.com/promotions.